Betty Kwan Chinn Day Center
Working together to help those in need move forward
In partnership with Catholic Charities Diocese of Santa Rosa
- Our Mission -
To honor all of humanity by providing direct responses to immediate needs and helping the destitute achieve the dignity needed to return to society as contributing members.
- Hours –
8:00am – 3:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Programs We Offer -
- Street Outreach: Providing meals to the homeless, building trust and referring to the Day Center.
- Case Management: Case Workers for homeless individuals to help stabilize their life and re-integrate into housing through referrals to local community services, on-site housing counseling and life skills workshops.
- Coach 2 Career: Employment readiness program that includes a 7 week class of how to job search in today’s market as well as a Hire Attire closet to provide professional interview clothing.
- Learning Center: Supervised computer center that will allow participants to look for work and housing.
- Kids Program: Before and after school services to provide breakfast, help kids get to school, tutoring support, assist with homework, along with use of computers for kids only.
- Transitional Housing: Housing opportunity for up to five homeless individuals who will be responsible for patrolling the area for safety, assist with the phones, mail, and general clean-up along with maintenance of the Day Center and neighborhood.
- Commercial Kitchen: Kitchen to prepare meals and food boxes to serve those in homeless encampments.
- Stabilization Services: Mailing Address, Showers, Telephone Use, Community Referrals, Life Skills Workshops (Art Therapy, Stress Management, etc.)
- Mobile Medical: Through partnership with Open Door Health Clinic will offer mobile medical services.
- Our Philosophy of Care -
Our philosophy of care is a strengths based approach to homeless client care. We focus on individualized care and help to bridge the gap between where the client is and where they need to be to regain self-sufficiency. We rely on 3 core beliefs for all of our homeless care:
1. Every person deserves the opportunity to change their life
2. Every person has a unique path
3. Every person should be treated with dignity, compassion and respect